The Mesa County Workforce Center has two teams that focus on serving our youth population, our Employment Services Team and our Career Development Team.
EMPLOYMENT SERVICES FOR YOUTHS
The Mesa County Workforce Center provides services to our youth population aged 14-24. We can provide guidance in a number of ways. Our Employment Services Team can help answer questions like
- How do I get a job?
- Where do I start?
- Do I need a work permit?
- How do I apply?
- Do I need a resume? How do I make a resume?
- What do I wear to apply to jobs or interview?
- What will the interview be like?
- How old do I have to be to get a job?
- Will employers hire me if I’ve never worked?
- Are there tools that can help me decide on my future career?
- What if I have no idea what I want to do?
If you are a youth that would like answers to questions like this, please visit with our Youth Employment Specialist.
In collaboration with the Governor’s Summer Job Hunt Program, our goal is to connect youths with employers to gain meaningful work experience. Please check out Colorado’s official state web portal for the Governor’s Summer Job Hunt (https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/gsjh).
Career Exploration for Youth and Young Adults
Find Your Future is a website maintained by local organizations here to help you find and achieve your employment goals. We have up to date information from all around Mesa County for employment and educational needs related to Middle School, High School, and Young Adults to assist in transitioning goals from education, career research, internships, to real-world employment.
What do you want to be when you grow up?
The possibilities are as limitless as your imagination.
Find Your Future helps you explore careers and turn your dreams into a plan for success…
Get an inside look at real world workplaces…
Discover education opportunities to bring your dreams to life…
Explore apprenticeships and other ways to earn as you learn…
And launch a job search that opens doors and puts you on the path towards your future.
MESA COUNTY YOUTH SERVICES IN THE NEWS!!!
HOW DO I GET STARTED?
- Call to set up an appointment with the Youth Employment Specialist (970) 248-7563.
- Before coming to the appointment, register as a job seeker on https://www.connectingcolorado.com/ (you will need your social security number to create a profile). Registration is free and easy.
There are no fees for these services!
CAREER DEVELOPMENT TEAM
The Young Adult Career Development Program (CDP) provides a variety of programs, workshops and one-on-on guidance to young adults, ages 16-24, who need help finding a job, planning a career or reaching education goals. Our friendly staff works with each of our clients to provide customized plans to meet their unique needs. For questions, please contact: (970)248-0871.
EXPLORE YOUR GOALS
- Intensive career guidance and employment support
- Financial support and training for obtaining a GED
- Education and employment goal Incentives
- KickStart your career Paid Internships
- Information about growing industries and careers
- Financial assistance for education and training
HOW DO I GET STARTED?
- Register with us at https://www.connectingcolorado.com/
- Get a Kickstart Application from Mesa County Workforce Center. Fill it out and turn it in.
- You will be contacted by a Career Development Specialist.
In order to be eligible for the CDP Young Adult Program, you will need to provide one item from each category below:
- Colorado I.D. and signed Social Security Card
- At Least 1 Barrier to employment (WIOA eligibility applies)
- Must be Out of School and 18-24 years old.