Services for


Veteran Services in Grand Junction

The Mesa County Workforce Center ensures that all eligible veterans are provided with maximum employment and training opportunities, with priority given to disabled veterans and campaign veterans.  The Veteran staff works closely with the VA Medical Center, the veteran and State Vocational Rehabilitation programs, the Mesa County Veterans Service Officer, and various other veterans organizations in facilitating a wide range of assistance to the veteran including, but not limited, to the filing of disability claims, securing discharge papers, and being a general advocate on issues of concern.


Veterans and eligible covered persons receive priority of service in all federally funded workforce programs including job search assistance.  Staff at the Mesa County Workforce Center provides job referrals, job searches, vocational guidance, and career information along with appropriate referrals to other programs.


Veteran Service Officer/VetWorks Program

As a Veteran of the United States military or a spouse of a veteran, are you aware of all of the benefits available to you?  The Veteran Services Officer is designated to help you access a variety of services including obtaining discharge papers, filing claims, information, and access to benefits like pension, healthcare, education, home loans, survivor death benefits, burial and so much more.  Along with the veteran benefit services available, the Mesa County VetWorks Program can offer support services and training opportunities related to employment needs for veterans, as well as a variety of career services.  

Appointments are necessary:

Anthony Lee

970-248-2733 or [email protected]

Online Calendar to schedule an appointment:



Qualifications for Job Seekers - 180 days active duty, any discharge other than dishonorable and meet one of the following categories:

  • Service Connected Rating of 10% or greater
  • Homeless/(Couch-surfing)
  • Ex-Offender (Justice involved)
  • 18-24 years old
  • Recently Separated (within 36 months) and unemployed for 27 weeks
  • Transitioning Service Member within 12 months of discharge or retirement
  • Eligible Spouse: Are you the spouse of a totally disabled or deceased veteran whose disability or death was service-connected?
  • Vietnam Era Veteran
  • Lack a high school diploma or equivalent certificate
  • Unemployed/Under-employed, or you receive public assistance
  • Veteran between the ages of 18-24 years old
  • Wounded Warrior

*Veterans and Eligible Spouses contact Job Services at 970-248-7560 or [email protected] to complete referral form

Local Business needs:

  • Job Fairs
  • Hiring Events
  • LMI (Labor Market Information)
  • Educate businesses on the benefits for hiring Veterans and Eligible Spouses
  • Employer outreach
  • Workshops
  • Job search workgroups
  • Coordinate with unions, apprenticeship programs and business organizations to promote and secure employment and training programs for Veterans
  • And, much more…

*Businesses contact Michael A. Smith Jr. at 970-248-7580 or [email protected]

Disabled Veterans Outreach Program

Intensive job search assistance is available to those Veterans meeting eligibility requirements through our Disabled Veterans Outreach Program Specialist.  Contact an Employment Specialist for more information.


Housing Resources

Rocky Mountain Human Services helps homeless Veterans find and achieve short-term housing:

  • Help with security deposits
  • Assistance with moving costs
  • Rapid rehousing services
  • Located at the Western Region One Source

Contact Veteran Support Specialist, Scott Whiteman today!
[email protected]

Volunteers of America provides advocacy and housing help for Veterans:

  • Rental assistance
  • Security deposits
  • Housing Search
  • GVT bus passes
  • Prepaid cell phones
  • Application fees, car repairs, emergency supplies, and more

2 Offices serving Mesa County Veterans and their families:

  • Center for Independence: 740 Gunnison Ave., 970-644-5220
  • Western Region One Source: 482 28 Rd., 970-527-3760

Please contact us for a screening today[email protected]


Other Veteran Resources

Chapter 31 Veteran Readiness and Employment (VR&E)

Please visit the following link for more information and how to apply.  If you need assistance, please contact the Veterans Service Officer"


State Vocational Rehabilitation

State Voc-Rehab is an educational or trade training program available to qualified disabled persons.  The Veteran must meet certain eligibility criteria for enrollment.

Please contact:

State Vocational Rehabilitation

222 S. 6th Street, Rm 215

Grand Junction, CO  81501



VA Health Benefits

The Veteran Affairs Medical Center is located at:

2121 North Ave

Grand Junction, CO  81501



The VA Medical Center can provide medical, mental health, and other services to enrolled Veterans.  To enroll for health care services, a Veteran needs to complete a VA Form 10-10EZ and take a copy of their DD214 discharge paper, copies of any insurance the veteran has, and verification of last year’s income to the enrollment office located on the first floor of the Medical Center.


The Grand Junction Vet Center

Provides readjustment counseling services to all Veterans and their family members at no cost.  Some of the services provided: Individual counseling, group counseling, marital and family counseling, bereavement counseling, and assistance in applying for VA Benefits, and much more.

The Vet Center is located at:

561 25 Road, Suite 101

Grand Junction, CO  81505