Mesa County Workforce Center Newsletter- March 2018
Check out all of the exciting events!
Omni Hiring Event-Delivery Driver/Maintenance: March 16, 2018 from 9:00 am-1:00 pm.
Jump Start Job Fair Boot Camp: March 26, 2018 from 10:00 am-12:00 pm
Get your “Go Bag” Ready!
* Get yourself ready for the Job Fair on March 21st by attending the Job Fair Boot Camp!
* This 2 hour session is broken into four 30 minute workshops facilitated by local Human Resources personnel.
* Get the inside scoop on how to successfully market YOURSELF to the job of your dreams!
* The workshop begins at 9:00 am—please arrive on time and ready to learn!
- The Online Application
- Targeting your Résumé—why one size does NOT fit all
- Interviewing—bring your best foot forward
- Networking—why social connections are important
Veterans have priority
Brought to you by The Mesa County Workforce Center, and the Colorado Department of Labor and Employment.
Jump Start Job Fair: March 29, 2018 from 9:00 am-2:00 pm
Multiple Employers, Numerous Opportunities! Get registered as a Job Seeker at www.connectingcolorado.com and then come see us in advance for a key tag to ensure quick entry on job fair day!
- Call for more details or go to the Resource Room to get Registered and/or key tag.
- Come ready to make a good first impression with your resume and your interview dress apparel for on-the-spot interviews with Hiring Recruiters.
9:00 am-9:30 am is exclusive to Veterans and Boot camp attendees
Federal Job Search Webinar: April 4, 2018 from 9:00 am-12:00 pm
Learn how to market your skills and experience for Federal Employment!
RESOURCES FOR BUSINESSES
We are dedicated to helping businesses across Mesa County succeed and thrive through our network of resources. We provide up-to-date economic, workforce, labor market data, and recruiting trends that allow you to make informed business decisions that impact your bottom line.
Why Great Leaders Admit Their Mistakes:
TIPS OF THE MONTH
Do’s & Don’ts: Linkedin Profile Picture for Transitioning Veterans:
” Hi Kasey,