Manufacturing Workforce Innovation Project
next class cohort begins February, 2021!
The Workforce Innovation Project in Grand Junction is a course designed by local manufacturers and educators to create a library of skills training for the manufacturing sector. This program includes an online platform, as well as evening and weekend lab hours to ensure flexibility to each student.
MANUFACTURING SKILLS - OVERVIEW
- A collaborative effort between Mesa County Workforce Center, The Business Incubator, GJmakerspace, and local manufacturers.
- Provides manufacturing skills training geared toward real-world application
- Combination of online learning, personal instruction and shop projects aimed at skills building.
- Use of GJmakerspace equipment and facilities for hands-on training.
- Access to lessons, equipment, and instructor at times more suited to the participant than conventional college or trade school.
- Results based verification of skills acquired
- Feedback to/from local manufacturers aimed at evolving the program.
- Two-course tracts: One for new manufacturing job seekers, one for those already employed in manufacturing.
Completion certificate includes
Orientation - (1 hr online, 1 hr lab)
Math – (10 hr online)
Safety – (6 hr online)
General Manufacturing – (11 hr online)
Communication – (13 hr online)
Time Management – (9 hr online)
Additional available classes
Precision Instruments – (23 hr online, 12 hr lab)
CNC Introduction – (7 hr online, 5 hr lab)
CNC Programming – (7 hr online, 10 hr lab)
CNC Vertical Machining – (12 hr online, 12 hr lab)
CNC Horizontal Lathe – (18 hr online)
Teamwork – (6 hr online, 5 hr lab)
Group Dynamics – (11 hr online, 5 hr lab)
Quality – (11 hr online, 5 hr lab)
Please call 970-248-7560 or contact us for more information.