Visit the Colorado Department of Labor and Employment website to file your Unemployment Insurance Claim and get the latest information and resources available.
Unemployment Insurance Information and Resources
Colorado Unemployment Information and Resources
Job Seekers (Claimants)
- ALERT: The Federal Pandemic Unemployment Compensation (FPUC) program, which has been providing claimants with $600 in additional unemployment benefits each week, expires the week ending July 25, 2020. Learn about support available here.
- New work-search requirements are in place. You are now required to complete work-search activities every week to be paid benefits unless you are job attached and expect to return to your regular schedule by July 5. View the new work-search requirements here.
- Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act:
- If you need to request a new pin or request a backdate visit https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/cdle/ui/returning-claimants and select the appropriate action button
- If you have exhausted your regular unemployment benefits you may be eligible for Pandemic Unemployment Emergency Compensation. You will be asked to refile a claim. Click on the File for extended benefits button.
- All eligible claimants will receive the extra $600/week benefit available under the CARES Act. The $600/week will be added to your regular benefit when you request payment on your claim. You do not need to take any action other than continue your regular payment request process. These benefits are retroactive to March 29, 2020.
- Check out the CDLE page for up-to-date information.
Read the full text of the bill.
- Looking to file for Unemployment Insurance Benefits? Please click here to file online or you can file over the phone at 1-800-388-5515.
If you need to file an unemployment claim and your last name begins with the letter A - M, file a claim on Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, or after 12 noon on Saturday.
If you need to file an unemployment claim and your last name begins with the letter N - Z, file a claim on Monday, Wednesday, Friday or before 12 noon on Saturday.
- Requesting your payment? Call 1-888-550-2800 or request online at myUI.
For last names beginning A-M, request payment before noon any day of the week.
For last names beginning N-Z, request payment after noon any day of the week.
- Adopted Emergency Rules under Executive Order D 2020 012 as of 03/20/2020
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the State is waiving the standard waiting-week requirement before benefits can be paid.
Claimants who are unemployed because their employers are closed to the public or otherwise unable to operate in their normal capacity as a direct result of an order by the Governor because of the COVID-19 pandemic may be job-attached for as long as the place of business is required to remain closed.
The Mesa County Workforce Center does NOT process Unemployment Insurance claims or have access to claim-specific information. These questions should be directed to the State Customer Service Line: 1-800-388-5515.
The Workforce Center DOES help with required registrations on Connecting Colorado and answering general questions about Unemployment Insurance.