KickStart Internships

KickStart InternshipKickStart is a program designed to match out of school, young adults, ages 18 – 24 with available paid jobs and internships here in Mesa County. Our staff works closely with local businesses to make sure that young adults are getting the jobs they want. Young adults will achieve employment success through one on one counseling, learning skills critical for successful job application, creating winning resume, interviewing with ease, and developing overall professionalism in order to reach their goal of employment. Candidates will receive real work experience and build his or her resume with paid internships.Positions include: administrative, computer support, human services, marketing, retail, light construction, landscaping, healthcare and more.

How do I get started?

Download an application.

In order to be eligible for the Kickstart Program, you will need to provide one item from each category below:

  • Participants must be 18-24 years of Age and not attending or enrolled in School.
  • Have at least 1 barrier to employment (WIOA eligibility applies).
  • Colorado I.D. and signed Social Security Card

Paid Positions Include:

Administrative/Office support

IT/Computer Support

Human Services


Retail/Food Services

Light Construction/Landscaping

Healthcare and more!

What if I just skipped to the bottom?

  • What is the age range? 18-24 years old
  • Will I get paid? Yes!
  • What if I am in enrolled in school? Unfortunately, you will need to wait until you are no longer attending school.
  • Can I apply online? No, but you can download the above application and turn it into the front desk at the WFC.
  • Can you help with a GED? Yes, we can provide incentives and cover the cost of the testing fees.
  • When will I hear from someone after I turn in the application? You should receive a phone call to discuss your situation in more detail within 48 hours.