Veterans receive priority of service in all federally funded workforce programs
Mesa County FamilyWorks Program
When a company is relocating or expanding in Mesa County, there is a strong possibility that as employees come to Mesa County to work for the company, they are also bringing along a spouse or family member who will also need employment. The Economic Development partners will utilize the Mesa County Workforce Development Board (MCWDB) to coordinate and facilitate meetings with the FamilyWorks customer, Employment Specialist(s) and local industry leader(s). The FamilyWorks customer will receive the following services:
- Up-to-date Labor Market Information about Mesa County and their industry of interest.
- An assigned Employment Specialist to conduct one-on-one appointments centered around their job searching needs
- Access to Job Search workshops that will include:
- Resume Prep
- Job Search Strategies
- Job Interview Strategies
- LinkedIn Tutorial
- NCRC assessment
- Work Based Learning and training opportunities
- Networking opportunities and events
Mesa County is the only certified Work Read Community in the state of Colorado. Mesa County utilizes the National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC) to objectively map the skilled workforce in our county. By completing the NCRC the FamilyWorks customer will have access and the ability to share their test results with 160 local employers who recognize the NCRC in their hiring process. www.workreadycommunities.org.
- Gives participating organizations first access to talented job seekers moving into the area - expanding the pool of qualified workforce for their organization
- Helps companies, their employees, and the partners and family members of new employees have a smooth transition into our community – their new home.
- Helps employers attract only qualified applicants for their open positions and matches skilled job seekers with fitting positions
- Reduces the cost of onboarding new employees, while reducing turnover
- Keeps highly qualified talent in Mesa County
- Creates valuable connections within our community
- The Employment Specialist will determine the needs of the FamilyWorks Customer through a scheduled one-on-one appointment
- Resume will be sent out to community partners and business networks
- Networking opportunities will be made available to all FamilyWorks customers
- Employment Specialist will continue to support the FamilyWorks customer all the way up to employment, and on an as needed basis following employment
Are you an identified FamilyWorks customer?
If yes, please fill out this short form so a Mesa County Workforce Center Employment Specialist can contact you to get started!