The Career Development Program
The Career Development Program also referred to as the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), is a federally funded employment and training program. The focus of the Career Development Program is to provide services to prepare individuals for full-time, self-sufficient employment.
If you are interested in gaining new skills through tuition assistance or work based learning please fill out the application below. We have a successful work based learning program in which we can help develop skills and relationships through paid internships or on-the-job training that leads to permanent employment. Some of our other services include:
BASIC SERVICES INCLUDE:
- Connecting Colorado Job Site Registration
- Job Referrals
- Job Seeker Workshops
- Resume Assistance
- Interviewing Preparation
- Information on Community Resources and Programs
- Labor Market Information
- Specialized assessment of skill levels and interests
INDIVIDUALIZED CAREER AND TRAINING SERVICES INCLUDE: (WIOA eligibility required)
- Supportive Services to obtain or maintain employment
- Short-term Pre-vocational Services
- Occupational Skills Training
- On-The-Job Training (OJT)
- Paid Work Experience
How to Apply:
- Complete the Career Development Customer Summary form below and submit.
- A case manager on the Career Development team will contact you to discuss the program and next steps.
Individualized Assessment-The Career Development Program is not an entitlement program. The application process includes an assessment of an individual's job readiness, financial social and supportive needs, employment and training needs, labor market demand, and potential for successful completion.
Eligibility Requirements (all applicants must meet the following criteria):
- 18 years of age or older (adults)
- US citizen or non-citizen authorized to work in the US
- Meet Selective Service registration requirements (males only)
- Young Adult and Adult applicants may be required to meet Income Guidelines
- If seeking Classroom Training, pre-requisites will be required. Your assigned Career Development Case Manager will review these with you.
After obtaining employment and/or completing training, the Career Development Program will follow up with you for 12 months to assist with job retention and advancement opportunities.
New and exciting opportunities are ahead, we look forward to working with you to reach your employment goals!