On-the-Job Training, or OJT, is a limited-duration contract between an employer and the Mesa County Workforce Center, which provides for the training of a new employee who is also a participant in the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act program.
Benefits to the employer:
- Reimbursement of the employee wage rate (up to 75%) for a set period of time.
- Assessment screening of skill levels and work values needed for the job.
- Worker receives the knowledge and skills essential to needs of the employer.
How it works:
- Employer notifies Mesa County Workforce Center, 248-0866, of interest in participating in an OJT program prior to hiring an applicant.
- The funding for this program requires an eligibility process, which may take up to 1 week to complete. Please allow for this time frame.
- Employer may refer an applicant of interest, or ask for help in finding qualified individuals participating in Mesa County Workforce Center services.
Duration of OJT Agreement is determined by such factors as:
- The occupation for which the employee is being trained.
- The content of the training
- Prior work experience of the employee
- The available amount of grant funding from the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act.
On-the-Job Training is an excellent opportunity for employers to cultivate new, qualified employees while minimizing the cost of training.
*Not all applicants referred by the employer, or Mesa County Workforce Center may be eligible for On-the-Job Training. Contact Garrett Morrison at 248-01861 for more information.