Screening Candidates Through Assessments
Assessments are a great way to help make hiring and promotion decisions. We have a wide variety of assessments to choose from that apply to all different types and levels of occupations. Our experienced Professional Services staff will assist you in selecting tests that will be the most useful for the position you are filling. The additional benefit of utilizing assessments through Professional Services is that there is absolutely no cost as long as your use is within the parameters of our employer testing policy (see below).
For questions and coordinating screening for candidates, contact us at [email protected] or (970) 257-2215.
IBM Kenexa Assess (Formerly Known as Prove It! )
This system allows for measurement of over 900 modules, including: typing, data entry, office skills, software skills and much more!
WorkKeys Foundational Assessments by ACT
Unlock the power of your workforce with the WorkKeys employee selection and development system. WorkKeys assessments give you reliable, relevant information about your employees’ and applicants’ skill levels. When you compare this information with the skill benchmarks required for your jobs, you will be able to make solid decisions about your workforce. WorkKeys provides a comprehensive system to refine your applicant pool, match candidates to jobs, and identify skill gaps that hinder productivity. Six Foundational Skills assessments are available: Applied Math, Graphic Literacy, Workplace Documents, Applied Technology, Business Writing and Workplace Observation.
*Applied Math, Graphic Literacy, Workplace Documents can earn test takers a certificate verifying the level of foundational skills they possess. Certificates are a part of our Work Ready Community initiative.
WorkKeys Personal Skills Assessments by ACT
High productivity and performance are essential to maintaining the edge in today’s competitive markets. Talent and Fit will help you find the next generation of high-performance workers and achieve greater results at every stage of the talent management process. These assessments can assist businesses in pre-screening, selection, and coaching/development.
With over 100 attributes, The PAIRIN Survey is the most comprehensive non-cognitive measurement in existence; but with its graphical interface, you will never be burdened by long reports and tons of data. The system is backed by over 60 years of research, is non-discriminatory and incredibly easy to use. It is a 10-minute survey with a cloudbased, patent-pending process to identify the qualities that lead to success in your top performers and identify the areas of needed development in applicants and employees. The survey easily integrates with your hiring process, and applicants are automatically scored and prioritized.
- CNA test
- We can proctor any test you would like candidates to take to ensure they are taking the test appropriately
Professional Services Employer Testing Policy
All businesses requesting PSD proctored assessments must post the position(s) with us:
If you do not already have the position posted with us, you may:
- Visit www.connectingcolorado.com to create an account and post your position(s)
- Employment Services to get the position posted at (970) 248-7560 or [email protected]
Information Needed Prior to Testing:
- Company contact name and email address
- Position being tested for
- Name of the applicant(s)
- Which assessment(s) the applicant(s) will be completing
- Deadline for assessment results to be returned to the company contact person
Because the assessments are paid for with grant money, all applicants will be required to be active and registered job seekers on Connecting Colorado.com
- Applicants will need to contact Professional Services by phone at 970-257-2215 or email at [email protected] to schedule assessments in advance.
Limitations on Free Assessment Utilization
- Once the employer account and job posting have been verified by the PSD staff, the employer may utilize up to four (4) assessments per candidate and up to 15 candidates per job posting.
- If the business wishes to exceed four (4) assessments per candidate or exceed 15 candidates per job posting, they may do so with responsibility for the incurring costs of the excess assessments. PSD staff will inform the business of what the assessment(s) costs will be prior to scheduling and proctoring the assessments.