Mesa County Celebrates Workforce Week
The National Association of Workforce Development Professionals have designated September as National Workforce Development Month to honor all those individual professionals who play a vital role in local workforce development.
The Mesa County Workforce Center, Grand Junction Area Chamber of Commerce, Mesa County Libraries, Western Colorado Community College, Colorado Mesa University, School District 51, Department of Vocational Rehabilitation, and CareerWise are hosting several activities to recognize Workforce Week, September 5th-12th.
Commissioner, John Justman states, “The Mesa County Board of Commissioners is proud to support National Workforce Development Month. Economic development and growth in Mesa County is our priority. The Mesa County Workforce Center is a vital component of the success of our economic development efforts. We encourage local employers and job seekers to take full advantage of all the quality services being offered this month and every month at the Mesa County Workforce Center.”
Events Planned for September: Workforce Week: September 5th – 12th
- 9/5 Wednesday: CMU Job Fair 10am-2pm
- 9/6 Thursday, September 6th – WFC Workforce Development Luncheon – Elizabeth Garner (12pm-1: 30 pm)
- 9/7 Friday: SD51 Career Center Tours 8:30am, 10am,12:45pm 15 people per tour
- 9/10 Monday: Mesa County Library – Mock Interviews 9:30am-1pm (½ hr. increments)
- 9/10 Monday County Commissioners Workforce Week Proclamation 9:00 am
- 9/11 Tuesday: GJ Chamber of Commerce – CareerLink 12pm-1pm
- 9/11 Tuesday: CareerWise Employer Site Visit Double Tree – 7:30 am
- 9/12 Wednesday: WCCC Tours 9am-3pm; Open House 4pm-6pm
“Workforce Week is a great example of community collaboration in Mesa County and we are excited to highlight workforce development activities throughout the week. Workforce development is vital in supporting our local employers as well as for economic development.” according to the Mesa County Workforce Director, Curtis Englehart.