Colorado works subsidized training and employment program
CW STEP supports job-seekers involved in the Colorado Works program by providing them valuable work experience and marketable skills through training and employment opportunities. The program helps participants work toward earning a living-wage, securing permanent employment and creating a brighter economic future for their families.
What can STEP do for me?
- EXPLORE YOUR CAREER GOALS
- May continue to receive full TANF benefits while earning an income up to 6 months while eligible.
- One on One case management support for employment and training goals.
- Learn new skills to give you an advantage in today’s work force.
- Assistance in getting the tools you need for the new job.
- Assistance with child care.
- Your TANF grant is not affected by your STEP wages. Other TANF eligibility rules still apply.
HOW DO I GET STARTED?
- Call to set up an appointment with the CW STEP Case Manager or ask your TANF case manager for a referral.
- CW STEP Case Managers:
- Tabatha 970-248-0868
- Elizabeth 970-256-2465
- Before coming to the appointment please register as a job seeker on https://www.connectingcolorado.com/ Registration is free and easy.
What can STEP do for Employers?
- Paid Internships – designed to match individuals with available positions at no cost to the employer. We cover 100% of the wage and workers compensation up to 29 hours a week for a predetermined duration. Our goal is to develop the workforce and provide businesses an opportunity to train and develop an intern into a successful employee while having a opportunity to try someone out prior to hire.
- On-the-Job training — reimburses employers up to 100% of a new employees wage for their initial training period. This is an excellent opportunity for employers to cultivate new, qualified employees while minimizing the cost of training.
- Help the participants get the tools, clothing, and support they need to be successful in their new position.
- Our participants are job ready; having completed the National Career Readiness Certificate, our intensive in-house Job Readiness Workshop and receive one-on-one counseling covering topics such as communication in the workplace, customer service, conflict resolution, and workplace etiquette throughout the WE/OJT. Our Case Managers work closely with you to ensure that these participants are suitable for our available business community.
- Participants will learn valuable skills to prepare for careers in industries with a demonstrated shortage of qualified workers, creating unique opportunities to fill employment gaps and drive Colorado’s economy forward.
- Building a stronger workforce in Mesa County!
In order to be eligible for the CDP CW STEP Program, you will need to provide one item from each category below:
- Colorado I.D. and signed Social Security Card