Mesa County Workforce Develops a networking program aimed at people over 50
The Mesa County Workforce Center is listening to the needs of the community and is starting a new job search networking group specifically for people 50 and older.
According to Business Services Supervisor Celina Kirnberger, “On an ongoing basis we have seen the 50 and over population struggle with being selected for interviews and ultimately obtaining employment with businesses.” Kirnberger adds, “We know they have a lot to offer and we want to help them become more successful in their job search endeavors!”
The Workforce Center is recruiting members for the group and someone who would be interested in taking the lead after the networking group is formed.
When: 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each Month First Group: May 02, 2017
Where: Workforce Center Room 150
Time: 8:30 am– 9:30 am
• Avoid the Big Mistakes Job Seekers in Their 50s Make
• Time for a Reality Check
• 7 Smart Strategies for Job Seekers
• SCSEP- Senior Community Service Employment Program
• Resources at the Mesa County Workforce Center
• Tips for Job Seekers over 50
• Volunteer Opportunities in the Community